Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Nacho: So here we are, it's January and the Panthers, not unlike the Sports Brethren, are twiddling their thumbs. Now, here's your middle of the week re-cap of everything that will happen between now and the start of next season:
- The Panthers will address several of their many weaknesses in the draft, and lay low during free agency.
- The Bobcats will beat the Clippers on January 28th in Staples Center. While they might not voice it specifically, the majority of the team will attribute their victory to the crazed lunatic that kept distracting the Clips.
- The Bobcats will miss the playoffs.
- The Patriots will win the Super Bowl.
- Will Leitch will rock out at the Guitar Hero tournament.
- Vegas will never be the same.
For more check-in-the-mail certainties, join us desde
Nacho cont'd: I will find another job.
- LOST will be amazing.
- Scrubs will never get to shoot their finale.
Brethren: And for that, Brethren will probably cry for hours in the dark while wearing his Scrubs scrubs.
Some more absolutes in our world of uncertainity:
- The Panthers will take a defensive player in the first round of the NFL draft.
- I will dominate whomever I take on in the "NBA Equivalent Game," a spin-off of our "MLB Equivalent Game"
- I'll get a little sad (as I am right now) whenever I see Walter Herrmann in a Pistons uniform.
- The world of professional sand soccer will never be the same.
- The Panthers don't fire Jeff Davidson then hire Cam Cameron as Offensive Coordinator, even though Nacho just got a boner for me mentioning it. Ha ha, boner.
- JLew will continue to turn to blowing cocaine off stripper's tits as he has graduated from Clemson and moved to DC. It is, after all, DC.
- Nacho will care much more about POTUS '08 than Brethren will, but we'll both be sorely disappointed Ron Paul doesn't get a nomination.
- We'll make enough insightful posts about the Panthers to ensure young William selects us to write Deadspin's NFL Preview '08
- We'll rock out. Both with and without our cocks out.