Monday, June 23, 2008

I Can Haz Lottery Pick?

Nacho: The NBA Draft is looming and the Bobcats have the ninth pick. Everyone seems to be jonesing for big man, which I wholeheartedly agree with. However, with the lottery being the way it is this year, who knows what'll be left for us.

Alls I'm saying is we've been burned by scrappy white guys before.



Either way, I hope we go big or go home. By which I mean I hope we draft a big guy or pull a J Rich and trade for someone awesome.

Brethren, your thoughts?


Nacho: Brethren's thoughts go here.

Brethren: And here they be:

I was all about the Bobcats taking Kevin Love back in March/April, but I've heard enough of that argument above from Nacho to back down a little. But then I see YouTube clips like this and I kinda wish we do draft him.

I've heard a lot about the UCLA point guard, and I think that'd be ok. But I'm definitely hoping for a big guy, so that with the 38th pick, the Bobcats pick UVA point guard Sean Singletary. Yea, he might be a little undersized, but he's a floor general who will play hard and is coachable (things Larry Brown is looking for).

So yea, if the Bobcats came away with Kevin Love and Sean Singletary, I'd be an extremely happy fan come end of draft night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

draft day trade....

pmk3 said...

I don't think we need to waste a pick on Singletary. Its a safe bet that he'll be available as an undrafted free agent. I think the Bob's need to go with one of the two UCLA players -- whichever one is available. Kevin Love would compliment Okafor well. Can play the high post and pass well, ability to stretch the defense. Westbrook would finally give us a good perimeter, on ball defender (god knows it isn't Felton or J-Rich).

I'd love to find a replica of David West (perfect front court compliment to Okafor) and somehow steal Rodney Stuckey from the Pistons.